This is the weekend when the jewelry really matters.
As high schoolers across the country get ready for proms, many are in search of that perfect piece of jewelry. From necklaces, bracelets, and earrings for the girls to the perfect mens diamond earring, there are many accessories that help people look their best on one of the most fun weekends of the year. And while some prom goers have parents who will let them borrow jewelry for special events, more of them find themselves looking for items at jewelry stores in malls across the country.
From gemstone rings that are the perfect shade to match a dress to diamond jewelry that can be worn for years in advance, there are many opportunities for finding the accessories that you want. And while searching for mens diamond earrings is not quite as common, it is increasingly common for both males and females to find all of the things that are right for a weekend of friends, dancing, and looking your best.
Finding the Perfect Jewelry for a Prom Outfit Is on the Minds of Many High Schoolers Across the Nation
In their day, our mothers and grandmothers wore pearl necklaces and sapphires rings when they wanted to dress up.. Today, however, there are far more options. From inexpensive accessory stores that are arranged by colors to custom designed pieces that are only available on the internet, today’s jewelry consumers have many options.
The interesting thing about jewelry is that not everyone starts off with expensive tastes. In fact, many consumers start by looking for ways to buy several affordable pieces of jewelry and gradually make a transition into a more expensive kind of taste.
Consider some of these facts and figures about the latest trends in jewelry sales and the impact that it has on the nation’s economy:
- 25% of watch buyers indicate that they typically wear a watch to make a fashion statement.
- The watch market is expected to reach $11.5 billion by the year 2020 with an estimated growth rate of about 4% year to year.
- As one of the more expensive companies, Rolex produces over 2,000 watches a day. And while not everyone moves from mens diamond earrings to an expensive brand of watches, there are many people who make several transitions in the jewelry that they wear.
- 38 million Americans will buy fine jewelry or watches in any given year.
- 75% of American brides receive engagement rings made out from gold and diamonds.
- According to history, the tradition of giving a fiancée an engagement ring was first introduced in 1477 by Maximilian of Austria.
It’s a Friday night and you might know what you are wearing for the weekend, but do you have the jewelry that you want to wear?