Being a business or property owner is a huge responsibility. One of the most important roles in ownership is the safety of the employees or residents. In fact, for a business owner who employs many workers or for the commercial property owner who has many tenants, few things are more important than working with fire protection companies to make sure that all safety systems are in place, including fire sprinkler services and other styles of fire protection services.
Regulated by state and federal laws, guidelines, and codes, fire sprinkler service companies can help building and business owners make sure that all safety standards are properly implemented.
Even the smallest residential remodeling and building projects require the attention of safety and fire inspectors. It should come as no surprise then that when large buildings are erected, the codes for these larger spaces have even more stringent rules and regulations when it comes to fire and safety guidelines. Commercial businesses, multi story building like hotels and condos, as well as the property managers of data Centers, hospitals, and warehouses must all answer to the fire and safety protection inspectors who inspect properties to make sure that they they meet the required standards. the .Consider some of these facts and figures about the fire protection industry and the role it plays in the safety and economy of this nation:
- 55% of medical facility fires are caused by confined cooking fires.
- 6,240 structure fires in or on health care properties a year were U.S. fire departments responded to by U.S. fire departments between the years of 2006 and 2010.
- $76 million in property loss occurs every year because of hotel and motel fires.
- 15 deaths and 150 injuries every year are caused by hotel and motel fires.
- Fire sprinkler plans work, In fact, the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) in locations where the fire sprinkler systems are working properly, the NFPA has no record of a fire killing more than two people in a completely sprinklered building.
- Loss of life and property damage can be reduced by at least 50% with the installation of both automatic sprinklers and early warning systems in all buildings.