You have always been the one who could answer any technology question. It did not matter if it was your grandfather calling for the third time in a week to ask how to get his printer to work or someone in the house who is upgrading to a new phone, you have always been the person with the answers. For this reason, it only made sense that you were a perfect fit for a work tech support from home job. Grandpa’s questions about the printers relied on your memory of the printer itself, but also benefitted from the fact that you could quickly find online resources for any printer, computer, phone, or television.
Flexible work from home job opportunities are increasingly popular in a time when young college graduates are looking for extra income to pay off student loans, as well as when 63% of Americans plan to work after retirement age. Stay at home call center representative jobs and work from home medical career opportunities offer a great way for many people to earn an extra income on their own terms. As more and more businesses offer their products and services on line instead of in person, people who can supply the most accurate work tech support from home are in high demand.
Online and At Home Jobs Are More Varied Than Just Telemarketing
There was a time when working from home only had a limited scope. In fact, work from home answering phones is a supplemental career that has for years offered a way for stay at home parents to provide extra family income. As stay at home call center jobs continue to expand, however, these opportunities have extended far beyond the telemarketing field. These online or over the phone workers can provide medical support and technical readings of charts and xrays, as well as quotes for insurance companies and any number of other services.
Consider some of these facts and figures about the many ways that customer service can benefit a company in a time when more and more products and services are purchased online:
- Marketing research indicates that loyal customers, on average, are worth up to 10 times as much as their first purchase.
- 65% of companies provide effective training and tools to their agents to gain trust with their customers.
- Research also shows that there are 26 customers who do not say anything, for every one customer who complains.
- Businesses that grow their customer retention rates by as little as 5% often see profit increases that range from 25% to 95%.
- When it comes to sales, the probability of selling to an existing happy customer is as much as 14 times higher than the probability of selling to a new customer.
- Customers who had the best past experiences spend nearly 140% more compared to those who had the poorest past experience.
Having access to a bank of trained employees who are well versed in the products and services that your company provides can help resolve problems and concerns and provide answers to many common questions. Finding a staff of people who are working from home can help your company increase the chances that current customers will return and that new customers will engage. Work tech support from home opportunities will continue to expand as more grandparents and people of all ages look for help with the technology that plays an increasingly popular part in the nation’s economy.