The fact that we live in a society that is dependent upon technology means that we sometimes think that these technologies will help us get through all of the challenges that we face. The reality, however, is that there are still some problems that trace back to the most essential element in life: water. In fact, it is a well company that enables many families to get access to the safe and clean drinking water that they need. Water filtration systems may help people in the city know that they are drinking safe water, but in some parts of the country it is only through the use of a well company that families can live comfortably.
Water testing kits and the services provided by a local well company are becoming even more important as the nation continues to deal with a number of environmental issues. The fact that reports indicate that the current head of the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) is more concerned about first class travel accommodations and getting his image and name on the agency coins than he is about upholding past safety standards is just one more indicator how important it may be in the future to understand the need for safe water.
Consider some of these facts and figures about the use of water in the U.S. and the continued need for well maintenance services and other kinds of water treatment services:
- Statistics show that more than 15 million households in America rely on private wells for their drinking water.
- As many as 36% of New Hampshire residents get their drinking water from private wells. In fact, there are nearly 4,700 new wells being built every year.
- Finding a way to make sure that your family will always have access to clean water can help you feel better about you and your children’s futures.
- Estimates show that every American uses 88 gallons of water a day in their home.
- Water filtration systems help you provide a way to make sure that the water you drink keeps both you and your family safe.
- An adequate domestic supply of water from a well typically runs at five gallons a minute.
- The public water systems in New Hampshire serve 64% of the population.
- Estimates indicate that household water leaks can waste as much as 900 billion gallons of water every year.
- Research indicates that if residents allow their faucet to run for five minutes while washing dishes 10 gallons of water are wasted and uses enough energy to light a 60 watt light bulb for 18 hours.
No matter how important that we think technology is in our lives, we will also always have a need for SAFE WATER. In fact, even in a time when technology seems to be influencing every part of our lives, it is important to know that the water that our families drink and use for household tasks is clean and healthy.