For small businesses, the world of search engine optimization (SEO) might seem geared toward larger franchises and corporations that have the clout to reach the top of search engine result rankings. However, the advent of local SEO strategies has helped small, local businesses like yours gain a competitive edge in local search engine results.
The world of local SEO is still expanding — meaning now is the best time to think globally and SEO locally.
Here are the top five reasons why your small business should take advantage of local SEO:
1. Local searches are growing: About 97% of all Internet users search for local products and services; 50% of these searches are on mobile devices. The numbers are only expected to grow as more people use mobile platforms for local searches.
2. Local SEO makes your business visible: Did you know that 39 percent of Internet users reported that they frequently have trouble finding local businesses online? They know the businesses exist, but the amount of information about the business available on the Internet is lacking. By working with a local SEO consultant, your business’ website will be visible to the right people seeking the product or service that your business offers.
3. It costs less than traditional advertising: Advertising on TV and in print can be extremely costly and usually doesn’t reach as many people in your targeted customer base as you’d like. By working with a local SEO company, your business and brand will reach the people it’s supposed to be reaching.
4. Customers are more likely to make a purchase from a local business: Studies have shown that people are more likely to visit or buy from a business they found through local searches. In fact, 80% of users who search for a local business online will go there within the next 24 hours.
5. Local SEO takes advantage of advanced features from Google: Have you ever searched for a pizza shop in your city? If so, Google probably brought up a map with the locations of these shops in relation to your location. This is one of the features Google offers to local businesses that use local SEO tactics — to see all of the features See more.