The Fourth of July is a time when many people are obsessed with explosions. Little ones that are safe to let off in a driveway, and large ones that are a part of a professional city wide display. Unfortunately, during this time of patriotism and picnics, there can also be accidents that lead to fires and property damage. It is at this time of the year when property owners are especially happy for the most advanced fire sprinkler systems, as well as fire alarm systems.
Even when people take all of the precautions that they think are necessary fire works can malfunction and problems can occur. The latest industrial fire protection services provide buildings of all sizes the protections that they need. And while there are some problems that can be limited with the quick use of a fire extinguisher, there are other situations that require much larger and extensive fire protection services.
Fire Alarm and Sprinkler Services Can Protect Both Person and Property
Finding the best way to protect the things that we love the most is an important part of today’s world. There are many ways that property owners can make sure that they are able to keep their families and their businesses and homes safe. In fact, many of these features are so important that they are required to install sprinkler and alarm systems. Although these kinds of installations are both time consuming and expensive, they help limit the damage that can occur when a fire occurs.
Consider some of these facts and figures about the many times when the latest fire protection services can help protect the people and the buildings that we live the most:
- Electrical malfunction accounted for 19% of non-confined fires in hospitals between the years of 2004 and 2006.
- Motel and hotel fires cause an estimated 15 deaths and 150 injuries every year.
- Dropping from 4,700 in 1980 to 1,200 in 2011, fires in warehouse properties have declined substantially over the past 30 years.
- Motel and hotel fires result in $76 million in property loss every year.
- The latest research indicates that confined cooking fires by themselves account for 55% of medical facility fires.
- The combination of early warning systems and automatic sprinklers in all buildings could reduce overall injuries, loss of life, and property damage by as much as 50%.
The Fourth of July may be a time of fireworks and celebrations, but no one wants to have a property that catches fire that causes damage because there were not fire or sprinkler systems installed.