Executive jets are one of the most efficient ways to get to any distant business or personal engagements. However, there are many private jet companies who offer chartered flights, and finding one that is best for you can be a bit confusing. Here is what you need to ask before booking a flight.
When deciding which executive jet charter company you want to fly with, remember that it is more than acceptable to ‘shop around’ so to speak. Feel free to contact multiple companies and ask them a couple of these questions to get a better feel for their services.
- Be sure to ask if the operators are FAA certified, along with what specific experience they have. You want to be sure you are flying with a recognized and trusted name in aviation. You can also ask how long their company has been in business, to give you a better idea of how much experience they have in the charter flight industry.
- Ask if any action has ever been taken against them by the FAA, this can help ascertain if they have safe business practices, or if they are prone to cutting any corner. Be sure to get specifics of any issues if they do exist.
- Ask about their safety record, and if there have been any incidents or accidents. Are the pilots regularly trained to meet FAA standards; and do the attendants undergo any safety training? This can be valuable to know, if only for your own peace of mind. You want to know you are in the safest hands possible when flying, and making sure all crew members are trained above the minimum requirements can be a step in the right direction.
- Ask of the plane you are chartering will have an attendant, and if that attendant has been trained for that specific plane model. Different aircraft have different safety requirements, and having an attendant who is aware of this in case something does go awry can help put you at ease.
- Ask how often the aircrafts are maintenance, and if they are maintained by a reputable source at an airfield. You can also ask how frequently the planes are maintenance, and if safety checks are in place before takeoff.
- If you are planning a flight overseas, ask if the pilot has experience flying international, specifically to the countries you will be flying too. You can also check to see if the company offers any assistance with customs and immigration.
- To ensure the best experience, ask if the crew undergoes customer service training in any regard. You want to know you’ll be taken care of, and treated well treated by all staff members.
- Ask how soon you can expect to board, and what time you can arrive at before the set departure time. This way you won’t have to be waiting at the airport for longer than necessary.
- Ask what the company’s policies are for reimbursement in the event your flight has to be canceled for any reason. In addition to, how they tend to resolve issues if they occur with the service received.
- If the company is well known, you may be able to find previous customer reviews online. Checkout what other people have to say about the company to get a better idea of what you could expect.
When you charter an executive jet you want to make sure you have the best experience possible so that you can relax on your way to whatever engagement you are needed at. Asking even a few of the questions above can help you pick the best chartered flight possible, and give you peace of mind that you are in good hands while flying.
An executive jet is an excellent way to get to all your important personal and business engagements. Though the process can be a bit different that simply booking a commercial flight, shopping around for the best company can make the experience a lot smoother. Don’t hesitate to interview multiple brokers, and ask as many questions as needed to make an informed decision. You deserve the best private jet experience, and being able to find the perfect company for you can help make that possible.