Is a time for you to start looking at job placement services and find a way out of your current position? It can be tough to know when it’s time to call an employment agency and look for other employment opportunities and it’s especially scary if you don’t have a lot of savings. But there are times when you really need to just jump ship and do something else. Here are some of the warning signs that mean it’s probably time for you to go looking at a job placement service for something more suitable and fulfilling.
- Complaints about your job are all you ever talk about. If you find that every conversation over dinner and every coffee shop meeting is filled with complaints about your job, your coworkers, your boss, and your feeling of un-fulfillment, it’s probably time to consider moving on. This is a sign that the negative is dominating.
- You’re constantly dreaming about retirement and you’re only 30 years old. You don’t have to be 30 to see this as a warning sign that it’s time to hit up the job placement agency. If you’re constantly daydreaming about your retirement and trying to calculate how early can quit, you’re not being fulfilled in your job. Don’t spend all of your time at work counting down the years to retirement. Go find something that provides you with some fulfillment and satisfaction.
- Your eating and drinking habits have changed significantly. This change could be in any direction. If you find that you aren’t hungry anymore and you’re losing weight, this could be a bad sign. If you find that your eating more than ever before, this is also a bad sign. If you find that your alcohol consumption has gone way up or if you’re even considering illicit drugs as a way to escape from the drudgery of work life, it’s probably time to move on.
- You can’t drag yourself out of bed on Monday morning. Everyone struggles a little bit with going to work on Monday, even if they have a job they genuinely enjoy. Getting out of bed is no fun and sleeping in is great. But if you wake up with a huge knot in your stomach, feeling sick and anxious, something is wrong. If you can’t enjoy your weekend because you’re so dreading going back to work on Monday, it might be time to look at a job placement agency find a new position.
- You’re not sleeping right. If you find that you want to stay up all night and look at memes because life is just too sad, could it be time to get a new job? Yes, it might very well be time. If you can’t sleep because you’re worried about your job or some aspect of it, you know it’s probably time.
- You’re always sick. Do you find yourself getting the sniffles at the drop of a hat? Do you feel exhausted and sick half the time? Are you getting frequent stress headaches? It might be time to sign up at a temp agency and see what else could be out there for you.
- You just can’t be bothered to care. One of the biggest symptoms of burnout is knowing that you used to care, but you can no longer summon the energy to do so. You’re not productive, you have no passion for what you do, and you even find yourself constantly browsing the internet looking for something else. If that’s you, you probably need to talk to a job placement agency and see about a change.
- You’re already thinking about a new job! Are you constantly dreaming about a different job? Is it specific? Then what are you waiting for? There are staffing agencies everywhere that can hook you up with employers who are looking for people just like you.
Don’t waste another month of your life in a dead-end job you hate. You don’t have to run in and quit this very moment, but it’s time to take steps towards a new and more fulfilling professional life. It might start with more education, or it might start with a call to a job agency. Just get started now.