Offices are dirty places. Almost all workers say that they are concerned about getting the flu at work. The virus can live on a hard surface for up to two days. It has been found that a dirty desk in an office space can be home to more than 400 times the number of germs than what live on the seat of a toilet. It has been estimated that companies that have the right outsourced janitorial services handle the cleaning can cut down on employee absenteeism by at least 46%. Here are some tips for hiring a janitorial service:
- Talk to other business owners you know. Talk to other business owners you know. You can start with the organizations that are in the same office building as you. If you have a stand alone business, talk to your friends and work contacts who use janitorial services. They may also have their own tips for hiring a janitorial service. Ask how they found the cleaning service they use and what they think of the experience. You may also want to ask how much they pay and what services they get.
- Look online. Do a Google search for janitorial services in your area. There are also a lot of cities and localities set up Facebook groups and pages to promote local goods and services. If you do not see any comments about local janitorial services, you should post the question. People love to give their opinion about things like this. If you have one or more companies in mind, you should do research on these. Remember, if you find a bunch of negative reviews that were posted without names, you should take them with a grain of salt. People are naturally more likely to leave a complaint rather than a compliment so there may be something else going on.
- Get quotes from several companies. Talk to a few different janitorial services and get detailed quotes in writing. The price should not be the only factor you pay attention to. The cheapest janitorial service may not cost you the least. It may turn out that when you hire a company because they give you the lowest quote, you end up having to spend more fixing any problems with the work that the cheap janitorial service did. At the same time, the most expensive service may not do the best job. When you have detailed quotes, you can compare each and make your decision.
- Ask about environmentally friendly cleaning. There are a lot of options when it comes to cleaning services. There are a number of green janitorial services and there are a lot of benefits of green carpet cleaning. It has been estimated that the conventional cleaning products that are often used to clean homes and offices are bad for human health. The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) has said that the air inside is now 100 times as polluted as the air outside because of commonly used cleaning products. This is one of the best tips for hiring a janitorial service. It is possible to get a clean and healthy office with green cleaning options.
- Check their references. All reputable janitorial services will be ok giving you the names and contact information for their current or former clients. When you talk to them you should ask about how they like working with the janitorial services company, what recommendations they may have to make the experience better, how they found the service and for anything else that they might want to share. Some janitorial services have testimonials on their websites, you should check those to make sure they are real.
- Make sure they have the right insurance and bonding. It is very important that the janitorial service has all of the proper paperwork done before you hire them. If someone is injured while working on your space, you can be held legally liable if the company does not have the right insurance. You should ask the company but you also need to verify anything they tell you.
There may be a lot of tips for hiring a janitorial service that you will be given. These tips will help you find the right janitorial service.