Vibratory screeners are a big investment, so it’s important to know that your mechanical separation operation will be able to continue to meet production goals. The common uses, benefits, and maintenance requirements for vibratory screeners are important factors to consider. With that in mind, here are a few things to know about vibratiory screeners.
While the most common use of vibratory screening is the separation of a variety of materials, here are a few other uses:
- Sizing plastic pellets
- Classifying collections of materials or chemicals
- Separating material for recycling
- Dewatering mined minerals
The most obvious benefit of using a vibratory screener is that separating heavy materials no longer has to be done manually, here are a few other benefits of these machines:
- Easily designing and tuning for maximum material processing
- Continuous running allows to maximum production
- Different design options to ensure smooth integration of machinery into existing processes
- Wet screening allows for the separation of sticky materials
- Cost effective
- Environmentally friendly due to the minimization of wasted material
The first thing you should to is establish a maintenance schedule to ensure nothing gets left undone. It’s important to speak with the machine manufacturer about maintenance requirements, but here are a few common ones to consider:
- Daily inspection of each piece of equipment
- Proper lubrication of equipment
- All fittings should be wiped before lubrication
- Bolted connections should be checked for proper torque
- The screen area should be kept clean and free of debris at all times
- All guards should be properly placed
It’s important to remember that preventative maintenance is instrumental in ensuring the screener works at maximum efficiency and to avoid downtime.
Besides regular and preventative maintenance, there are a few other things you can do to ensure your machinery is running as smoothly as possible.
One of these things is making sure your mesh frames and gaskets are stored and handled correctly. Mesh frame gaskets are fragile and can be easily damaged. Proper cleaning material should be used and the gaskets themselves should be replaced routinely.
Another thing you can do is replace parts with recommended spare parts. When it comes time to replace a part, using an off-brand or poor quality parts might cause issues down the line. It’s a good idea to purchase genuine, recommended parts so you can be sure you’re only using the highest quality parts.
Now that you know a little more about vibratory screeners and their uses and maintenance, you should have the knowledge required to keep your machine running efficiently and have your operation achieving maximum production.