Whether you’re headed to prom, getting married or going out for a night on the town, there’s no doubt that traveling in a limo means traveling in style.
There are currently more than 130,000 limousines in service across the country and the Limousine and Town Car Services Industry has a revenue of $6 billion. Limo drivers average 105 trips per week and weekend limousine business for weddings, proms and parties accounts for about 40 percent of total limousine service.
Using a limousine service for a wedding is very popular. A wedding is one of the most important days in a couple’s life and marks the beginning of their time together in marriage. Whether you’re using a limousine service for the wedding party, as a getaway car for the happy couple after the ceremony or for honeymoon travel, renting a limo can add an extra layer on an already special and happy occasion.
When it comes to choosing a limousine service for a wedding, here are some things to look for:
- Reputation: It’s your big day and the last thing you want is have a hard time trying to rent a limo. It pays to do research and look for reviews of different limo services so that when the big day comes you know you’re getting a quality service.
- Pricing: There’s no better way for a happy couple to leave a wedding ceremony than riding off in a big limo. But for all the flash and flare and as much fun as that can be, it can also be very expensive. Before you ride off into the sunset, make sure to ask about specific pricing and services for what you’re getting. A smaller vehicle can get you where you need to go just as fast as a limo and often for a lot less money.
- Options: Speaking of vehicles, it’s important that a limo company have options for you to pick from. If you’re planning on transporting the whole wedding party to the ceremony or around town for pictures, a stretch limo is probably a good option. If you’re having a smaller wedding, a smaller SUV might do the trick and save you a few bucks.
- Safety: Limos are fun, but you want to make sure everyone is safe. Make sure the chauffeur is properly licensed and the company is properly insured for liability. You want to make sure everyone has a good time, but safety is key, especially if alcohol is involved among the wedding party.
- Plan ahead: If you want limousine service as part of your big day, make sure you reserve it so it’s there waiting for you. It’s recommended that a wedding limo be reserved 6-9 months in advance of the wedding date. This will allow you to better coordinate your plans. Most limo companies require a rental time of at least three or four hours, but if you need extra time, reservations will make it easier to plan. The last thing you need on the big day is for your limo to not be available because you didn’t move quick enough on reservations.
The good news is that more than 85 percent of limousine companies have a web site and more than half of them allow you to make reservations online.
Your wedding day should be fun, memorable and go off without a hitch. Limousine service can enhance that experience and by knowing what you want, making reservations and ironing out all the small details ahead of time, having a limo will make the day that much more special.
If you’re looking for a limousine rental for your big day, Wedding Wire offers plenty of places to look as well as a state-by-state list of where you can look.