This is the time of year when many contractors are very busy. From directional drilling contractors who provide trenching services to a variety of industries to directional boring contractors who working to meet project completion deadlines, these are jobs that are an important part of the nation’s economy. From road boring and electrical contractors to plumbing professionals, there are many general contractors who are needed for to help with electrical projects, traffic and highway renovations, as well as a number of environmental concerns that have to do with drilling under a river or creek.
From pipelines that carry needed fossil fuels across a continent to trenchless pipe drilling that provides an easy way for a home sewer to be repaired, tie is important to make sure that the best available contractors are scheduled as soon as possible.
Directional Drilling Contractors Play an Important Role in the Nation’s Fuel Acquisition
Sometimes called slant drilling is the practice of drilling wells that are non-vertical. This technique can be broken down into four main groups: surface in seam (SIS), oilfield directional drilling, utility installation directional drilling (horizontal directional drilling), and directional boring, which horizontally intersects in order to extract coal bed methane from a vertical well target.
Consider some of these facts and figures about the directional drilling industry:
- Approximately 2.5 million miles of pipelines are used to transport fuel products from source to market in the U.S.
- Telecommunications installation, driven by the fiber-to-the-premises wave, increased its HDD market to 24.4% in the year 2017, according to the 2017 Horizontal Directional Drilling Survey, t.
- Compared to traditional methods, directional drilling produces twice the amount of oil or gas being extracted.
- High density polyethylene pipe (HDPE ) is the most common type utilized in the directional drilling market, according to the 2017 Horizontal Directional Drilling Survey. In fact, HDPE is used in approximately 49.7% of projects.
- Currently the industry standard for trenchless technology for bores between two and 48 inch diameters and 600 feet to 1800 feet in length, horizontal directional drilling is currently an efficient, safe, and cost effective method for completing highway bores.
- The global horizontal directional drilling market is expected to reach $14.95 billion by the year 2022.
Many projects require the coordination of many schedules, but directional boring and drilling are often some of he firts contractors that need o be scheduled for many projects.